We live in a world that is surrounded by large structures and complex machines. Our livelihood is linked to the proper function of machinery and infrastructure that we must have the absolute reliability to function properly. Test Equipment Distributions (TED) provides that confidence by providing supplies, equipment, and repair and calibration services for nondestructive testing (NDT). Our mission is to keep industrial businesses up and running while also reassuring the safety of employees and civilians.
Industrial nondestructive testing (NDT) is an array of analysis techniques that are used in a variety of industries to evaluate the integrity of a component, structure, material, or system without causing harm. Industrial nondestructive testing (NDT), also known as nondestructive examination or evaluation (NDE) or nondestructive inspection (NDI), the primary goal is the ensure that critical infrastructure is free from defects which may cause catastrophic accidents without damaging the component or material. Critical infrastructure are considered objects that can endanger the lives of those around them if a failure occurs, such as nuclear reactors or passenger jets.
Fortunately, NDT techniques are the most preferred and widely used across many global industries. The reasons why Nondestructive testing (NDT) is used in a variety of industries including:
- Cost-efficient. Nondestructive testing is more appealing than other testing methods because the materials or objects that are put through examination are unharmed, saving resources and time.
- Safety. The majority of NDT techniques (excluding radiographic testing) are harmless to conduct.
- Accuracy. NDT has been proven to provide accurate and predictable results, the qualities industries want when it comes to maintenance procedures that ensure the longevity of equipment and the safety of personnel.
- Efficiency. NDT provides a thorough and quick evaluation of assets which can be crucial to the safety and performance on a job site.
Here at TED, our certified technicians are professionally equipped to calibrate and repair your equipment and systems. Our technicians stay up-to-date with the latest procedures, technology, and ASTM specifications. Most common NDT techniques required for job sites include:
- Radiography (RT, DR, CR, CT)
- Magnetic particle testing (MT)
- Liquid penetrant testing (PT, LPI)
- Ultrasonic testing (UT & PAUT)
- Visual inspections (VT)
- Eddy-current testing (ET)
- Acoustic emission testing (AE)
- Leak testing (LT)
Industrial nondestructive testing has a broad definition and can be used in almost every industry. That being said, TED has partnered with specific industries that require NDT and formalized process for its use:
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
For over five decades, TED has focused on providing customers with the best solution for their toughest inspections and testing challenges. As a world-leading provider for nondestructive testing, we have been a single source of nondestructive testing (NDT) for industrial clients' needs. Our team of dedicated project managers assesses your situation to help you find the best solution, saving you time and money.
Oil & Gas
Power Generation Industry
Click here to Request a Quote or call us at 1-800-962-1788