Sonotech Special Transducers
Ultrasonic Transducer Probes
The Rail Transducer probe
- Specifically designed to contain two angle probes (2MHz, 70) at either end and a compression probe in the middle (2MHz).
- The rail probe was used in combination with a flaw detector and railcart to scan rails and has proved to be a very successful transducer, manufactured exclusively by Sonatest Plc.
|The Rail Transducer Probe||-|
HF Wheel Transducer Probe
- A new high frequency dry coupled wheel probe developed and patented by Sonatest Plc.
- The main driving advantage of this dry coupled solid contact wheel probe is that it works to overcome problems with couplant contamination (application & removal) as well as eliminating the practicalities of immersion systems.
- The "tyre" or delay material is constructed of hydrophilic polymers which have acoustic properties that lend themselves ideally to the implementation of ultrasonics.
- Applications include thickness measurement, composite inspection, delamination detection and general flaw detection.
|HF Wheel Transducer Probe||-|
Soft Tip Probes (STPS)
- Soft tipped ultrasonic transducers are for use with Sonatest dry contact flaw detectors UFDS and MS310D.
- Applications include the testing of composites, rubber, wood, ceramics and friction material.
- No surface preparation required for the majority of applications.
- Ideally suited for test specimens with complex shapes.
|Soft Tip Probes (STPS)||-|
Boiler Tube Probes (BTPS)
- Small, low profile twin angle beam transducers with integral cables for the inspection of welds in steam boilers in power stations.
- Axially radiused to suit 50mm boiler tubes.
- 5 MHz with an increased toe in angle to produce a short focal length to suit such weld and are available as 70 & 60, with BNC or LEMO1 to fit flaw detectors.
|Boiler Tube Probes (BTPS)||-|
Thickness Meter Probes (TMPS)
- A range of transducers originally made for use with the older style thickness meters.
- Suitable for use with modern wideband amplifier thickness meters.
- Also good for use with flaw detectors where thin sections are to be tested.
|Thickness Meter Probes (TMPS)||-|
Roller Transducer Probes
- Dry contact roller probes are designed to be used where automated testing is required.
- Roller probes have miniature BNC connectors.
- Transducer can be used in combination with dry contact flaw detectors, UFDS and the MS310D.
|Roller Transducer Probes||-|
Time Of Flight Diffraction Transducer Probes (TOFD)
- All TOFD transducers are highly damped with short pulse length, broad bandwidth and high sensitivity, utilizing lead metaniobate crystals.
- One major application of TOFD is the ultrasonic examination of welds after final heat treatment and/or hydraulic testing, to verify the absence of cracks not detectable by radiography etc.
- Transducer probe also used to monitor welds during the service life of components.
|Time of Flight Diffraction Transducer Pobes (TOFD)||-|
Sonatest Ultrasonic / Ultrasound transducers
Test Equipment Distributors also carries
If there isn't a transducer probe application here for your unique application, we can build one!